Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"SingleInstanceHost" flag for Silverlight App

"SingleInstanceHost" flag for Silverlight App

I found out some interesting flag named "SingleInstanceHost" for silverlight app, which can be set in Application Manifest File. Msdn says that it "Indicates whether the application has a single instance host".

Can anyone explain what does this flag mean?

My test: 1. If I run my wp7 silverlight app on device WITHOUT this flag, then if I try to run the second app instance from start menu - the system kills the 1st instance and runs the new one.

  1. If I run my wp7 silverlight app on device WITH this flag, then if I try to run the second app instance from start menu - the system kills the 1st instance and DOES NOT run the new one.

Strange behavior!

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog