Monday, September 17, 2012

How can I create a ItemTemplate like Content/Master page for non-aspx page in Visual Studio

How can I create a ItemTemplate like Content/Master page for non-aspx page in Visual Studio

I have a Windows PhoneApplication Page. It derives from a BasePage. So I have exported it as a ItemTemplate and it works fine.

Now I have a property "MasterFile" in my xaml. How can I make this property dynamic when the page is created using my custom template?

The best example is: asp.net webform + Masterpage. In VS we get an option to select the masterpage when we want to add a new Content WebForm. This sets the MasterPage property in the .aspx page.

I am looking for similar functionality with my WP silverlight Phone page template.

Edit: I am found this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc188697.aspx

Have to try that out.

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog