Monday, September 17, 2012

Entity framework returns null when hosted

Entity framework returns null when hosted

Hi,

 I have a silverlight application where when I run the application I read the database and populate the results in the combobox, but when I publish it on the server(IIS) the it returns me a null, I can't even debug the error because it return the result when I host it on my system but null when hosted..

Please guide...

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1

Hi,

Have you modified some configuration when you migrate your application from local to the server? Like database connection string, or the Silverlight cross domain accessing configuration, or something else.

You can also debug your application by using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Remote Debugger when you hosted it in the server, and here is the illustrate of remote debugging.

Since I don't have any code snippet of your appliation, I can't figurate out where is the error ocured.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog