Sunday, January 13, 2013

Silverlight OOB icons not appearing on the Windows 8 desktops

Silverlight OOB icons not appearing on the Windows 8 desktops

I have a Silverlight 5 Project compiled in the VS2012. I've set all png icons for the out-of-browser properly. If I test the Installation in the e.g. Windows XP I see all these icons everywhere (on the desktop, in the start menu, taskbar, etc.) Windows 8 shows the icon also everywhere except on the metro and classic desktop.

Is this a bug in the Silverlight, or is any workaround for the Windows 8 available?

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1

I can confirm this problem. I installed an OOB application to Windows 7 and had no problems. In Windows 8 I can see the correct icon in install dialog and on the upper left corner of OOB window but in start menu and on desktop the icon is white paper.

I checked the path of the icon:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\2301909557.app.url.com\2301909557.app.url.com.ico 

I tried to use another .ICO file and had no problems. Then I changed it back to original. I could see the correct icon in preview window but when I accepted the changes the icon changed to white paper again.

Maybe there is something wrong with the .ICO file?

by : Mika Hiltunenhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/1746185

Answer: 2

I had a similar problem on Windows 7 a couple months ago. I fixed it by convert the png image to ico file.

by : Ekkhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/849387

Answer: 3

I had this problem then fixed it by adding a 64x64 icon to the ico file (I thought it worked but now I have a blank page again)

by : MiddleTommyhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/1108830




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog