Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Does the Tag still work for Silverlight 5 and RIA Services?

Does the Tag still work for Silverlight 5 and RIA Services?

I am trying to add a JSON endpoint to a WCF RIA Service.

I have read many tutorials on this and I have also watched videos on silverlight.net.

Everywhere I find something on this topic, I am told to use the domainService Tag in web.config.

One code example looks like this:

<system.serviceModel> <domainServices>   <endpoints>     <add name="JSON" type="Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.JsonEndpointFactory, Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />   </endpoints> </domainServices> <system.serviceModel> 

This is not working and there are two issues:

  1. In Visual Studio 2010 the domainService Tag is underlined blue, with the hint, that this is an unexpected tag.
  2. In IIS the domainService Tag is producing an unknown element error.

Among others, I have referenced the following DLLs in my web project:

-Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting

-Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Tools

-Microsoft.ServiceModel.DomainServices.LinqToSql

-System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.EntityFramework

-System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting

-System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Hosting.OData

-System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server

I also have the WCF RIA Services V1.0 SP2 installed.

I really don't know, how to resolve it. I need help. I have googled and searched excessively.

Thank you.

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog