Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Load testing Silverlight application that uses CSLA DataPortal

Load testing Silverlight application that uses CSLA DataPortal

We need to perform a load test on a Silverlight application that uses Data Portal to communicate with the server. Since the point of these tests is to evaluate application server's performance, I ignore the client part, and send SOAP-requests directly to the server, but in doing so I've encountered a few problems:

  1. Since JMeter is a preferable tool, but it doesn't support soap+msbin content-type, I'm having problems decoding binary xmls that are sent both by client and by server.
  2. Using Fiddler and a WCF binary plug-in, I've noticed that SOAP messages contain fields like ClientContext, GlobalContext, CriteriaData and so on, that are base64 encoded binary data. From what I understand, this is the way CSLA Data Portal exchanges information - by sending serialized objects encoded in base64.

So, what I would like to know is, is it possible to make JMeter able to receive and send MSBIN encoded xml-files, preferably without using any external applications? And if I use a different load testing tool, like WAPT or LoadRunner, that already has this functionality, how do I parametrize the serialized data? Or maybe there are other solutions (free ones, if possible)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog