Saturday, December 8, 2012

Silverlight 4 how to add excel file to the project output and how to open this file

Silverlight 4 how to add excel file to the project output and how to open this file

I have 2 questions I have an excel file, which I want to be part of my silverlight project. Then upon clicking of a menu I wish to open this excel file in MS-Excel.

The opening of the file, I think I have covered.

 HtmlPage.Window.Invoke(                 "OpenPopUp",                 new string[]{ "pathtomyexcel.xls",                     "_blank",                     string.Empty,                     string.Empty});                 return; 

Actually, after running the above code I am getting error "page not found". So I am guessing it has something to do with how the file is added to the project.

What I did is I added the excel file to project and set the build action to Content.

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog