Monday, December 31, 2012

Can I expand downloading images to several threads?

Can I expand downloading images to several threads?

I had a problem with ListBox, which doesn't work fine with my collection (nested listboxes, non static size, etc). I tried DeferredLoadListBox, but it requires static height(not my variant).

So, I tried ItemsControl with ScrollViewer, and it works realy good! I have smooth scrolling, no lags, its exactly what i needed. But! As I understand, ListBox download content dynamically, only when it need this content, and ItemsControl loads all the content in one time.

And its a problem, because I load in ItemsControl a collection of 40-50 items, and each item has 1-4 images, and it takes about 5-6 seconds(than ItemsControl works great). As I understand - in this 5-6 seconds it downloads all the images. Question - is there any way to expand this operation to several threads, and using this hint reduce the ItemsControl's freezing?

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1

Just use LowProfileImageLoader with the standard ListBox

by : Igor Kulmanhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/581164




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog