Thursday, December 20, 2012

Localized resources in silverlight class library

Localized resources in silverlight class library

I have created a silverlight class library which is going to be consumed by multiple client projects. Inside the class library I have a localized dialog box showing the localized text: You have unsaved pending changes. This text is stored in Messages.resx (and the translations in Messages.da.resx etc.) and accessed like this:

Prompt.Announce(Messages.Verify, Messages.UnsavedChanges) 

However when I add a reference to the class library dll from my silverlight client projects, the dialog box always shows up with the default language (english).

I can see that the class library build output is like this

root  |- SilverlightClassLib.dll |- da |- SilverlightClassLib.resources.dll 

But the client build output is missing this, so I'm guessing that the danish translations are hiding in there - but how do I include this in the consuming silverlight client projects?

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1

Sounds like a deployment problem. You need to deploy the satellite assemblies of your class library (da\SilverlightClassLib.resources.dll) in your client's binary folder (still in a "da" subfolder, if missing).

by : Clafouhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/607163




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog