Thursday, December 20, 2012

IVideoWindow interface put in Silverlight applcation

IVideoWindow interface put in Silverlight applcation

I want to render some videos in my Silverlight application.

For such aims in desktop-apps I'm using IVideoWindow interface where I'm living in loaf, becuase it's simple.

But when I'm embedding such stuff in Silverlight applcation - I've got problems.

Silverlight 5th is able to use P/Invoke features and also you could use COM objects via AutomationFactory class and dynamic type.

dynamic shell = AutomationFactory.CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7"); shell.openPlayer(@"D:\oleg\vlc_work\6_Sony_Sean_Kingston_Beautiful_girls.mpg"); 

Like smth that, I'm launcing from Silverlight WindowsMedia Player. It's good, but I want to render video inside my Silverlight app.

Decoding video to the formats, which Silverlight natively supports - isn't good for me. Because I need to render frames from MPEG-Transport system (using mpeg2) and render frames in Silverlight app.

There are 2 ways:

  • implement well IVideoWindow in my SL-app and render video from Broadcast/Multicast
  • implement mpeg2/mpeg-ts algorithms ( with Discreete Cosine Transformation, Huffman Code, RLE, ZigZag algo etc ) and I don't want to use such method because it will be too difficult and long

So, are there any methods to use implement IVideoWindow in my Silverlight app?

Thank you

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog