Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"No symbols have been loaded" - Silverlight project cannot find pdb files

"No symbols have been loaded" - Silverlight project cannot find pdb files

I've got a web project that runs a Silverlight app. Due to the massive build times I am trying to use "Attach to Process" instead of running in debug in Visual Studio.

When I build the full solution I can attach fine, but when I make a change and build the changed project I get "The breakpoint will not be currently hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".

If I check the modules window and look at the the offending project I see "Cannot find or open the PDB file". I check the load information and it says "C:\Source\Project\Web\bin\myProject.pdb: PDB does not match image.: PDB does not match image."

After the build of the single project the following files are updated: C:\Source\Project\Web\bin\myProjectName.pdb C:\Source\Project\Web\bin\myProjectName.dll C:\Source\Project\Web\ClientBin\myProjectName.xap C:\Source\Project\bin\Debug\myProjectName.pdb C:\Source\Project\bin\Debug\myProjectName.dll C:\Source\Project\bin\Debug\myProjectName.xap C:\Source\Project\myProjectName\obj\Debug\myProjectName.pdb C:\Source\Project\myProjectName\obj\Debug\myProjectName.dll C:\Source\Project\myProjectName\bin\Debug\myProjectName.pdb C:\Source\Project\myProjectName\bin\Debug\myProjectName.dll

So everything looks ok. The same files are updated if I do a full rebuild.

I've tried copying the contents of the build folder into the Web bin folder. I've tried setting Symbols file locations for all of the above folders.

Thanks!

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1

Are you sure C:\Source\Project\Web\ClientBin\myProjectName.xap file is changing. Check FileLastWriteDate. And follow my previous post about this issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/12781653/413032

Hope helps.

by : Davut Gürbüzhttp://stackoverflow.com/users/413032




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog