Monday, October 29, 2012

From silverlight how to reach authentication area in asp.net

From silverlight how to reach authentication area in asp.net

I'm creating an asp.net mvc application and I want to add silverlight file manager to the admin area , all the solutions I've seen depends on open file manager without authentication, this is a security issue.

The gateway action that provides the json data about folders and files names, size,.... this action is in a controller in the admin area and i'm giving access only to authenticated users.

so the silverlight will not be able to retrieve the JSON unless it asks the user for credentials.. i want the user to sign in once through logon page then access anything silverlight and webpages. what i want is to work with silverlight as javascript

my idea is to send commands to javascript then javascript requset json and forward it to silverlight.

I asked this question to see if my understanding is true and to see if there is any alternative way [no services].

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog