Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WCF RIA including related tables

WCF RIA including related tables

Hello,

I have two classes, ResourceGroup and Resource. I tried to include resource in groups loading, using DomainServices. I did it like this:

public IQueryable<ResourceGroup> GetResourceGroups()  {                               return this.ObjectContext.ResourceGroups.Include(g => g.Resources.Where(r => r.IsActive == true));    }


which does not work, and I get exception:

The include path expression must refer to a property defined by the entity, optionally also with nested properties or calls to Select.Parameter name: path

I tried even in metadata using Include annotation, and both version did just fine. But, I need to include only resources which have attribute IsActive = true. That is way I tried something like this:

[Include]
public ICollection<Resource> Resources
{
       
get
               
{
                   
return Resources.Where(r => r.IsActive == true).ToArray();
               
}
               
set
               
{
                   
Resources = value;
               
}
           
}

But I'm still getting all the resources...

Answers & Comments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog