Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Silverlight 4 and Kerberos Authentication

Silverlight 4 and Kerberos Authentication

Hi all,
I've been searching online for about a week now, and while I've found various articles related to ASP.NET and Kerberos, WCF and Kerberos, etc...nothing was particular to Silverlight 4 and Kerberos.  My main problem is that most of the things I would be able to do with ASP.NET/WCF don't exist within the silverlight framework, and so I'm very much at a roadblock here!  Each time I try to access my SL site on the server, it returns to me saying that 'The authentication scheme 'Negotiate:Kerberos' is not supported'.

Our current set up is as follows:
SL Version: 4
.NET : 3.5    (There is no ability to upgrade this)
IIS: 7


Our WCF service is hosted in the same site as where our SL page is held (under the same domain).  We're using basicHTTPBinding.  Security mode is TransportCredentialOnly.  Authentication mode is Windows.  I have identity impersonate = true.  In IIS7, in the providers for my site, I've got Negotiate and NTLM set up in that order.

So my question is this:  Is it possible to use Kerberos authentication with SL4, and if so, how would the clientconfig look (example in code if possible...we build our client in the code dynamically), how would the web.config on the server side look, and how should IIS be set up on the server?

PS:  I cannot post any code or configs.  The best I can do is mock up code and configs of examples of what our set up looks like.

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1
http://mkdot.net/community/mknetug/b/dejan/archive/2008/03/07/kerberos-solution-for-double-hop-authentication.aspx
http://www.iis.net/ConfigReference/system.webServer/security/authentication/windowsAuthentication


Answer: 2
Apart from AD SPN setup (which was done) and set up within IIS, is there anything that I specifically need to do inside of my web.config or my connection from SL to the service, apart from saying authenticationmode = Windows and security is TransportOnlyCredentials?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog