Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Using ASP MVC4 + Silverlight4 in MVC is good architecture, my 70% code is in Silverlight ?

Using ASP MVC4 + Silverlight4 in MVC is good architecture, my 70% code is in Silverlight ?

Hello All,
My buisness requirment is to use same controller and the view would be different (Silverlight and Asp), in future if i do scrap silverlight then i do not need to do any thing extra.

Meeting the above requirment i am working on one ASP MVC4 + Silverlight4 application, again one more imp thing is to communicate with all type of databases like MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle. I am thinking of using any standard WCF design pattern, so that my interface will be same but implementations will be different.

I seperated the Silverlight view seperately and using View/ViewModel there, this is going to communicate with controller. My other views are in ASP and they are also getting communicated with controller. Is this ideal Architectureal Pattern ?

Can anyone suggest me what is the good design pattern to achieve this, it would be also helpful for me if anyone shared me a bit of code. I have done some R&D and shortlisted 2 patterns i.e. Factory Design Pattern and Reposotory Design Pattern.

One more question is shall i go with WCF REST services or WCF will be fine in this scenario? The important thing here is my service is going to communicate with both the ASP.NET and Silverlight applications.

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers! Yogesh

Answers & Comments...

Answer: 1
you are doing quite good also the micosoft has invented the MVVM pattern for this silverlight...
but as you require you can do the seperate dblayer and difine your dblayer as seperate which is communicate with your dblayer.
now for application you use the wcf so it will be available to each application.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Send us your comment related to the topic mentioned on the blog